Sunday, September 07, 2014

Some Sunday Skorne

I've decided to set Paint Table Saturday aside - not that I don't enjoy seeing other folks' PTS posts, but old habits die hard, and I'm finding that I prefer to share photos of my finished minis in preference to WIP shots.

And hey, whaddya know? I've got some finished minis to share!

Since the beginning of the year, I've been slowly but surely putting together a collection of Skorne for Warmachine/Hordes. I've got a decent-sized force collected now, and the first models are rolling out of the old painting factory and (hopefully) onto nearby battlefields.

(Or rather, they will be once I finish up just a couple more models...)

In the meantime, here's what I've got finished so far:


From left to right, that's Dominar Rasheth, a Titan Gladiator, a unit of Paingivers, and a Paingiver Taskmaster.

In case it wasn't blindingly obvious from that description, the Skorne are all about inflicting pain as a means to power. These guys are wickedly, cartoonishly villainous, which is my kind of evil. Let's take a look at the individual units, then...


So this is the original Lord Humongous, a regular Hedonismbot if you will. It was this model that inspired me to go with the Skorne over a couple other factions I was considering. He's so wonderfully decadent. Plus, he stands in stark opposition to all the other Skorne leaders, who are nauseatingly physically fit. I feel that Dominar Rasheth is an icon that I, as an American, can fully get behind.




Plus the model is just all kinds of awesome, with tons of fun little details. I'm really pleased with how the Agonizers bearing his litter turned out. They look completely fed up.

Sadly, my decision to paint up my Skorne as albinos resulted in Dominar's abundant flesh getting a bit washed out. I'll have to fiddle with my camera settings for future photoshoots.


The Titan Gladiator was the other model that really attracted me to the Skorne. This model was a joy to paint, and I probably spent way more time on it than I should have. As you can see, on both the Titan and Dominar, I went with a non-standard color palette for the armor. My Legio Metalica titans are red and gold, and I wanted something a little different on my shelves. I decided to go with a lacquered armor with a purple cast.



I haven't decided yet if I'm going to just stick with the monochrome banner or put a design on it. We'll see how the other banners in my force shake out.

Finally, we've got my unit of Paingivers. For these, I went with a more standard Skorne color palette, although in my faction this palette is more like the guild colors for the Paingivers and not the sort of more general "Skorne uniform," if you will.


So that's that. As I mentioned, I've got a couple Cyclops Savages to finish up and then I should have a gamable force. With more to come after that!


3 comments:

  1. Those are some intense-looking minis. Gonna have to actually finish some of my guys, and soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. They were kind of freaking me out as I was painting them, and I was thinking, "What did I get myself into?" But hey, if I can paint up and field Nazis, this shouldn't be any different, right?

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1:25 PM

    Love the armor color scheme on the gladiator; one of the things that's driven me away from Skorne is that the stabbity-in-crimson styling reminds me too much of Khorne (and, gosh, I feel like something else is similar) and he's my least-valued Chaosman. Agonizers were one of the things that tempts me -at- them, and the other was the ethnicity present in the army.

    I was going to say more but the comment got long enough I figured it'd be better served as its own post, so that's for after I fold the laundry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...