Wednesday, July 04, 2012

July 4th Memories

I am 16 years old, sitting at the desk in my bedroom as my Dad works the grill outside. I've got the Twilight Zone marathon playing on my six-inch black and white on KTLA (this is back before SciFi/SyFy/PsiPhy/whatever bought up the rights) and I'm working on some 15mm Napoleonic Prussians (the first of many forays into historical miniatures - this one didn't work out too well in the end). It's a sweltering L.A. day but I've got my desk lamp on and I'm painting.

Ever since then, despite the heat, summer always puts me in the mood to paint miniatures.


1 comment:

  1. You would have enjoyed yesterday's 4th. We had a cool snap and it was a comfy 80 during the day and a very cool 60-something in time for fireworks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...